How We Help
Manage Your Medications - solutions to make medication management simple and easy
Stay Informed - advice and resources to help you make informed decisions
Stay Healthy - on-site services to support you on your path to wellness
Meet Your Health Goals - counselling and support for those with long-term health challenges
Lawtons Pharmacy Team
Each Lawtons Drugs store has a pharmacy team on duty to help you manage your family’s medication and health care needs. From advice on what to take for a common cough and cold to helping you manage a new prescription medication, our team is here to help.
Pharmacists are the most accessible health care provider in your community and are an excellent source of health information and support. They are an important part of your health care team, often consulting with you, your doctors, and health care workers to achieve the best possible health results. When you have your prescription filled at one of our pharmacies, your Lawtons Pharmacist will:
- Review each prescription with you for proper drug and dose
- Screen your computer file for allergic reactions and possible drug interactions
- Help you understand your health condition
- Discuss with you how to get the most from the new therapy by reviewing how the medication works, how it should be taken, and what to do if you experience any side effects
Our concern for your health doesn’t stop there. Lawtons Pharmacists can:
- Recommend appropriate nonprescription medications and herbal therapies
- Provide information on disease prevention
- Help you with lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking
Supporting our Lawtons Pharmacists are our Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Students, and Customer Service Assistants. The Pharmacy Technicians assist in the dispensing of your medication and can instruct you on the use of non-medical health products such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, thermometer use, and crutch fittings. Pharmacy Students perform all the same duties as Pharmacy Technicians, plus become involved in direct patient care as their studies progress. All student activities involving a patient are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist. Customer Service Assistants handle cash register transactions and help you to locate specific products in the store.
All of our Lawtons pharmacy team members work together to assure patient confidentiality, deliver exceptional customer service, and maximize the time our pharmacists can spend with you.
Feel free to ask any of our pharmacy team members for more information. We're here to help!